RCT Systems is looking for a candidate who installs, supports, maintains and monitors IT Storage Area Network (SAN) infrastructure for reliability and uptime. Architects, designs, implements and maintains complex enterprise SANs and data backup recovery systems. In collaboration with other architecture and engineering teams(systems engineering, database administration, network operations and applications development), analyze and design enterprise storage systems used for customer data management, high transaction database processing and storage. Working with others, analyze and translate business requirements into a solution design for new installations or upgrades to existing platforms. Manages and provides operational support of data availability and retention systems such as server and SAN based backups and enterprise level backup solutions. The Enterprise Services Team is responsible for configuring, operating, and maintaining the customer’s enterprise business process tools to support processes to include configuration management, risk, issue and opportunity management, schedule management, architecture management, and requirements management. As part of this team, the Systems Administrator is responsible for configuring, building, installing and maintaining servers designed to process large databases with multiple relational data applications. Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Install hardware and software upgrades; maintain operating system patches and virus scanning profiles;
• Manage network servers and technology tools; set up accounts; maintain and monitor PKI certs;
• Perform technical evaluations, analysis, and technical improvements to maintain optimum performance of applications and databases;
• Monitor and provide system problem resolution;
• Maintain capacity and performance planning; evaluate system changes to improve the system;
• Design, build, manage multiple variants of Windows and Linux
• Employ configuration control and change coordination for upgrades and repairs in a manner that assures system performance as planned;
o Required Skills:
• Must possess active TS/SCI with poly
• Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
• BS Degree in Computer Science or a related field (IT/Engineering/etc.) or related experience
• Demonstrated experience with various hosting and developer operations (devops) technologies;
• Working knowledge and/or education of various cloud service providers to include Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS);
• Knowledgeable in the administration of Microsoft and Linux servers, Microsoft SQL, VMware virtualization technologies, Firewalls, VPN, and Cisco IOS.
• Experience scripting in administrative language (PowerShell, Batch, Perl, etc.)
• Active TS/SCI/ W POLY clearance
• Customer familiarity
• Experience with ServiceNow, Remedy, SharePoint, Sparx EA, JIRA
RCT Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin disability or protected veteran status.