RCT Systems is seeking a Network Engineer who designs and plans network communications systems. Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. Conducts cost/benefit analysis and provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
Conducts testing of network design. Responsible for monitoring network hardware operations to ensure properly set configuration options. Plans implementation of enhancements and upgrades to the network. Advises network users of hardware requirements, configurations, and limitations. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
May be assigned responsibility for the management of the systems administration function, including associated staff.
- Must have an active TS/SCI w/poly.
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA, 8 to 10 years with MS/MA, 5 to 7 years with PhD
- Should have Cisco and Juniper professional certifications or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Ability to be responsible for Tier 3 Network Engineering Support
- Ability to monitor performance and make recommendations/changes to improve capacity, scalability, etc.
- Should be comfortable doing command line coding
- Familiarity with configuring firewalls, routers, servers, etc.
- Ability to test and resolve security issues with the network
- Ability to demonstrate ability to work across disparate teams with little direction
- Candidate should be able to mentor junior engineers
RCT Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin disability or protected veteran status.