RCT Systems Mission Systems Division (MSD) is seeking to hire a Senior Linux Systems Administrator. Come be a part of a dynamic team that will:
• Providing technical and system administration support through troubleshooting, identifying and isolating issues, conducting root cause analysis, and implementing appropriate solutions to software and system anomalies as they occur.
• Performing scans and remediating vulnerabilities in Linux and/or Windows environments.
• Responding to application-related issues, resolving on-the-spot problems (when possible), replicating the issue for internal analysis/diagnosis, and preparing technical documentation accurately depicting the problem and/or solution for feedback to developer/vendor.
• Working alone on individual projects while being involved in larger projects as a team effort.
• Supporting the operations and maintenance aspects of deployed capabilities.
• Supporting the development of system security documentation on both new and previously deployed capabilities.
• Managing the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems - Helping to maintain the integrity and security of IT systems.
• Adhering to policies and standards related to the use of computing resources.
• Interacting with users including providing advice and training as needed.
• Experience in scripting languages (shell, Perl, Powershell, Python, etc.)
• Proven experience administering Linux operating systems.
• The right candidate will have proven experience in problem solving.
• Supporting the installation, configuration, maintenance, failure analysis and recovery, performance monitoring, data storage management, and security management of the data center environment.
• Experience hardening Linux server installations.
• Proven experience installing, configuring, updating and removing system hardware (servers, workstations, transceivers, network interface cards).
• Experience monitoring and allocating system resources (CPU, memory, and storage space).
• Proven experience creating, implementing, and maintaining scripts for process automation, and infrastructure monitoring.
• Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting hardware and software problems.
• Experience documenting hardware and software configurations, maintenance history, and backup history.
• Experience updating/patching system operating systems.
• Creating and managing user/group accounts (ex: Active Directory (AD).
Clearance: Active Top Secret / SCI with Polygraph required.
Annual Salary $100K - 200K depending on experience level.
RCT Systems has a very competitive compensation package that includes 5 weeks paid time off, free dental and vision plans, immediate 401K vesting, and a $500.00 annual technology allowance. Grow with us!!
RCT Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.