RCT Systems, Power Systems Division, is seeking a highly motivated Engineering Technician specializing in design, assembly, and testing of power system components and/or industrial electronics. More specifically, Engineering Technicians will be involved in:
- Assembly of line replaceable units, power and control cabinets, and support hardware for a large energy storage system, industrial electronics, and general power conversion equipment.
- Testing of large energy storage systems and industrial electronic systems.
- Perform field installations, testing, troubleshooting of hardware and equipment software.
- Experience with medium voltage power distribution, solid-state-transformers, surge protection, and medium voltage isolation requirements highly desirable.
Immediate Requirements/Projects include:
- At least 5 years of hands-on hardware build and test experience.
- Experience working with large energy storage systems a plus.
- Working knowledge of PLC systems a plus.
- Past military experience (veteran) a plus.
- United States Citizenship required due to US Government ITAR program restrictions.
- Building of large energy storage system utilizing batteries and power electronic converters.
- Future assembly work to extend into medium voltage (4160V and 13.8 kV) systems.
- Power levels 50kW to 500kW converters/inverters that are linked together for higher power levels (MWs).
- Navy (surface & sub), Army vehicles and infrastructure, Aircraft potentially.
- Space/RF not required.
RCT Systems PSD offers a Hybrid work schedule where time can be split between working from home, and in-person working in the Baltimore, MD office. Flexible schedules available and can vary on a week-to-week basis.
Job Postings can be found at: https://rctsystems.catsone.com/careers/