RCT Systems, Power Systems Division, is seeking highly qualified Electrical Engineering interns to join our team for the summer of 2023 supporting on-going work for the US Navy, Department of Energy, and other DoD clients.
Electrical Engineering interns will focus on one of several different areas including:
• Develop computer software HMI for testing of power converters.
• Design and test DSP based digital control algorithms, FPGA supported modulators, and PLC based highlevel system controllers.
• Detailed PCB designs including system control PCBs and support hardware.
• Design embedded control algorithms, software PLLs, and other embedded control algorithms.
• Develop Controller-Hardware-in-the-Loop test setups, control cards, and control algorithms using: Typhoon, EGSTON, and MyWay PE-expert Real-Time hardware.
• Testing of 13.8 kV magnetic components (inductors, transformers).
• Support designs of Power Electronic Building Blocks using 1.2 kV – 10 kV SiC modules.
• United States Citizenship preferred due to US Government ITAR program restrictions; Green Card holders accepted.
• >3.3 GPA.
• 4th year undergraduate minimum, MS and PhD students a plus.
• Experience designing power conversion hardware with focus on SiC devices.
• Experience applying embedded software for motor drives, ac-dc, dc-dc, and dc-ac converters.
• Experience designing magnetic components including filter inductors and/or high frequency transformers.
• Experience programming various microcontrollers, DSPs, and/or FPGAs.
• Hand-on experience with OPAL-RT, Typhoon, or other HIL platforms.
• Experience with TI C2000 DSPs.
Immediate Requirements/Projects include:
• High Power SiC and Silicon power device design into converters/inverters.
• Multiple parallel/series connected bi-directional galvanically isolated AC/DC, DC/DC converters.
• 13.8 kV and 4160V grid interface power converters.
• Development of real-time hardware test setup with Typhoon RT hardware and custom DSP PCBs.
RCT Systems PSD offers competitive pay, a face-paced R&D work environment, and an active location
(Baltimore, MD) close to Washington DC, Philadelphia PA, and Pittsburg PA. The internship is in-person only
(no remote work), and located at our offices in Baltimore, MD.
Job Postings can be found at: https://rctsystems.catsone.com/careers/
Email resumes directly to: email@example.com