RCT Systems, Power Systems Division, is seeking Mechanical Engineers specializing in 3D packaging, thermal system design, and hardware build and test. More specifically, a qualified Mechanical Engineer candidate will be involved in:
- 3D packaging of complex power converters, energy storage systems, and PLC systems
- Building of complex power converters, energy storage systems, and PLC systems
- Thermal design of high-performance power converter coldplates, heat exchangers, and overall design of thermal management systems
- Structural analysis of package components, support structures, and shelving under harsh environment shock and vibration
- Insulation system design
Immediate Requirements/Projects include:
- United States Citizenship required due to US Government ITAR program restrictions
- BS in mechanical engineering with minimum 3.3 GPA, MS and PhDs a plus
- Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
- The following experience is not required, but highly desirable:
- Experience with CREO 3D modeling software
- Experience with COMSOL Multiphysics
- Experience designing thermal management systems and/or high performance coldplates or heat exchangers.
- Experience with insulation systems
- Packaging of MW scale power converters for naval ship applications.
- Insulation system design for MW scale power converters
- Thermal design of coldplates, heat exchangers, and overall TMS controllers for large energy storage systems
- E-field and thermal modeling in COMSOL Multiphysics
- Navy (surface & sub), Army vehicles and infrastructure, Aircraft
RCT Systems PSD offers a Hybrid work schedule where time can be split between working from home, and in-person working in the Baltimore, MD office. Flexible schedules available.
Job Postings can be found at: https://rctsystems.catsone.com/careers/