Duties & Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will join a high performing software development team supporting mission critical systems, and is expected to apply best software engineering principles and Agile engineering methodologies to research, design, develop, and modify application software.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Design, implement, document and support J2EE software components in accordance with established best practices.
* Develop, document, and analyze user requirements to define the problem at hand.
* Develop software modules that access relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, and SQL Server.
* Design, implement and maintain web services to interface with external business partners.
Experience with Spring MVC, Hibernate and Eclipse along with a knowledge of Oracle or MySQL.
* Ability to follow standard software development best practices and participate in code reviews, writing and updating technical documentation to include system design specifications.
* Experience building and executing unit test plans and experience managing code baselines with Git.
* Candidate must have an active clearance to be considered.
Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
Familiarity with Junit, Yahoo User Interface, Java Mail and SMTP.
Education & Experience
Typically requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and 10 to 12 years of related experience. A degree, professional, or personal experience in the following disciplines: Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Math.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI w/poly required