RCT Systems is seeking to hire a Unix/Linux Administrator. Come be a part of a dynamic team responsible for:
- Providing daily tracking of hardware and software license and maintenance contracts; gathers quotes for hardware and software buys.
- Maintaining a 40- to 80-tape library by interfacing with other government organizations.
- Have responsibility for the administration of a medium size Windows-based network segment.
Candidate shall have a minimum of sixteen (16) years of experience, to include:
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in virtualization architecture and design.• Leading small Sys Admin teams & managing work assignments.
- Managing a large, complex server environment.
- Security testing and risk mitigation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Building Linux server baselines.
- Building Linux workstation baselines.
- Hardening Linux server installations.
- Sun server hardware.
- Writing UNIX/LINUX shell scripts.
- Patching UNIX/LINUX servers.
- Architecting, deploying, and managing large Unix/Linux networked environments including deployment and management of NIS(+), LDAP, DNS, and NFS.
- Proven experience creating, implementing, and maintaining scripts for process automation, infrastructure monitoring, and proactive reporting.
- Proven experience in all aspects of managing large Unix/Linux environment including the use of configuration management tools like Puppet and Chef for centralized management and configuration of systems to enforce security controls.
- Knowledge and understanding of information security principles including Operating System hardening techniques.
- Ability to utilize analysis tools to resolve complex network, systems, and application performance problems.
- Experience working with server hardware in a datacenter.
- Experience with monitoring and configuration management tools including Puppet, Chef, and Nagios.
- Ability to provide explanations of complex technical procedures and processes clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Troubleshooting skills.
Must have an active TS/SCI with poly.
RCT Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.