RCT Systems, Power Systems Division, is seeking Electrical Engineers specializing in Microcontroller, DSP, and/or FPGA system integration and development. More specifically, a qualified Electrical Engineer candidate will be involved in:
• Control PCB design and testing of SiC based power electronic converter topologies including active rectifiers, isolated DC-DC converters, solid-state-transformers, and high-speed motor drives.
• Design and test DSP based digital control algorithms, FPGA supported pulse-width-modulators, and development of computer-based interface for digital control PCBs.
• Detailed digital control PCB designs including integration of FPGAs, A/D converters, and communications protocols including CAN, RS485, Modbus, and high-speed fiber.
• Design embedded control algorithms, harmonic compensators, software PLLs, and other embedded algorithms.
• Develop Controller-Hardware-in-the-Loop test setups, control PCBs, and control algorithms.
• United States Citizenship preferred due to US Government ITAR program restrictions; Green Card holders accepted.
• BS in electrical engineering, computer science, or related major required, MS and PhDs a plus.
• Active Security Clearance a plus.
• All experience levels considered – entry level to senior principal engineers.
• Experience applying embedded software for motor drives, ac-dc, and dc-ac converters a plus.
• Experience programming various microcontrollers, DSPs, and FPGAs.
o Direct work with TI C2000 DSPs and Altera FPGAs a plus.
• Hand-on experience with OPAL-RT, Typhoon, or other HIL platforms a plus.
Immediate Requirements/Projects include:
• Development of computer software interfaces for controlling high power converters.
• FPGA and DSP development of AC-DC and DC-DC control algorithms.
• Power levels 50kW to 500kW converters/inverters that are linked together for higher power levels up in MWs.
• Typhoon and MyWay PE Expert Controller-Hardware-in-the-loop development of a modular multi-level converter and real-time model implementations.
• Navy (surface & sub), Army vehicles and infrastructure, Aircraft potentially.
• Space/RF not required.
RCT Systems PSD offers a Hybrid work schedule where time can be split between working from home, and in-person working in the Baltimore, MD office. Flexible schedules available.
Job Postings can be found at: https://rctsystems.catsone.com/careers/