The Sponsor provides data-driven, business analysis to support senior organizational leaders. The Sponsor requires support specializing in data analysis to include cleaning and extracting data, and enabling and growing our existing automation efforts. The Sponsor needs Python skills with experience extracting information from many data formats and the creation of tables for use in Oracle with SQL. The work may be performed independently or within a team environment. The Data Scientist will work closely with the Sponsor’s data scientists and technical team to implement requirements; however, the Sponsor’s GTM will manage the priorities. They will preprocess or clean structured and unstructured Sponsor data; design and implement advanced code and table configurations for complex data sets; stay current with the Sponsor’s enterprise metadata collection tools; and produce ad hoc metrics reports to answer immediate needs. The Data Scientist will also implement the Sponsor’s existing coordination process, provide technical education to staff on an ad-hoc basis, and analyze large amounts of raw data to provide new business insights.
1. Demonstrated experience writing, maintaining, and customizing Python scripts that extract text from various formats such as MS Word, PDF, or XML.
2. Experience reviewing documentation and APIs of commonly-used packages to choose the one with the best fit for a given task and implement it.
3. Experience writing Python scripts that pull data from web-based APIs and relational databases.
4. Experience with implementing regular expressions.
5. Demonstrated experience conducting evaluations or transformations of data and loading the results into a relational database.
6. Experience with version control systems, such as Github.
7. Experience with SQL in Oracle.
8. Demonstrated experience addressing procedural and administrative issues within the assigned problem set.
9. Experience with web analytics processing and procedures.
TS/SCI w/polygraph required
RCT Systems has a very competitive compensation package that includes 5 weeks paid time off, immediate 401K vesting, and a $500.00 annual technology allowance. Grow with us!! RCT Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.